Popular Post

Good news for matcha lovers!

I’m going all the way - instead of just having smaller portions I’m going to cut out more foods - lowering my carbs, no more diet coke, no more junk food, no more pastas and less bread and potatoes. I’m not going to eat as much cereal or granola bars - replacing with eggs and fruit. instead of diet coke, I’ll have green and oolong tea. no more nibbling off of junk food. I think this will make a big difference. more water - once I start seeing better results I’ll be happier. I’m going to continue my workout routines- their high intensity cardio - perfect for weightloss so I don’t think thats where I’m going wrong.



If oven-baked fries count, then months ago, but otherwise I think it’s been years…?

WELL, ANYTHING I WANT! BASICALLY, I’M COUNTING CALORIES, WHICH MEANS: AS LONG AS I DON’T GO OVER MY NUMBER, I CAN EAT ANYTHING I WANT. THE KEY TO THIS KIND OF DIET IS TO CHOOSE CAREFULLY.

SAY YOUR NUMBER IS 1500 CALORIES A DAY (THAT’S MY NUMBER FOR THIS WEEK). IF YOU EAT 500 CALORIES FOR BREAKFAST, YOU’VE USED 1/3 OF YOUR CALORIES FOR THAT DAY AND LIMITS WHAT YOU CAN EAT THROUGHOUT THE REST OF YOUR DAY. CHOOSING CAREFULLY AND CHOOSING FILLING FOODS THAT HAVE A LOW CALORIE COUNT ARE IMPORTANT.

MY FAVORITE NEW MEAL ARE CHEESY TORTILLAS. I USED WHOLE WHEAT TORTILLAS (80 CALORIES PER TORTILLAS. YOU CAN MAKE TWO GOOD SIZED CHEESY TORTILLAS WITH ONE TORTILLA.) AND REDUCED FAT KRAFT CHEESE (60 CALORIES PER 1/4 CUP. I USE 1/4 PER HALF TORTILLA.) SO TOTAL THAT IS ONLY 200 CALORIES, I ALSO DRINK A 20 OUNCE GLASS OF WATER WITH MY MEAL AND I’M COMFORTABLY FULL AND DON’T NEED TO EAT FOR ANOTHER 4 TO 5 HOURS! YUM!

M&S fruit salad - 65 cals

Senga strawberry yoghurt (omg it was heaven, there were whole effin strawberries in that yummy goodness) - 145 cals

Two mini falafel - 80 cals

Pink lady apple - 80 cals

Which means I have 630 cals left for dinner yay! I can have dressing on my salad ;) It’s good I’ve kept it low today because the weather is shit and the gym is closed so there’ll be no workout for me today. (Maybe some toning)

But the sheer amount of sweat I sweated last night (lush image ahaha) must have equated to some serious calorie burnage, right?

Love you xoxo

Yesterday was a “I feel fat” day. It all started off with me having pancakes for breakfast…

Then my dad had toast and it smelled great so I made myself two pieces…

Then my mom made blueberry muffins so I had to have one…

THEN I met my friend Ashley, who I hadn’t seen in months, at Panera Bread to catch up, and I had a free smoothie on my rewards card so I sipped on that…

…only to come back home and have a turkey sandwich with my parents.

ALL BEFORE TWO O’CLOCK.

So to make up for my humongous intake of unnecessary calories, I went to the gym. I went with my friend Sophia and had a great time.

The workout was good but probably barely put a dent in the calories I consumed…

After that I ran upstairs and quickly got ready for my boyfriend’s niece’s dance recital (so precious!). All of his family was there and his aunt bought me 16 cakettes from a local bakery (think cake rolled with frosting and fillings dipped in chocolate!). So of course I had a couple because I never ate dinner.

I returned home around 10 o’clock to sit and watch Tangled with my mom and enjoyed a chicken patty sandwich. I had massive heart burn all night.

And I wonder why I am not skinny…

I’ve had to take a month off from running due to some nasty shin splints. I’ve kept working out—just lower impact and adding yoga—but my eating has been a little carefree. Blame it on summertime or laziness or stress or whatever. As a result I have a gained a nice solid pound for every week I haven’t been running. I’ve come to realize what I already knew but sometimes forget—in order to feel fit and healthy, I have to be ON IT. I have to think about everything that I eat, whether it is a positive or a negative influence my body and well-being. Honestly it can be exhausting, but it’s the way I am built. It’s in my genetic and psychological make-up. So I’m vowing now to get it together. To stay on track. To do what I need to do for myself, no matter what those around me are eating and drinking. And to allow myself a special treat when it’s really worth it. 

Wish me luck!  

I just want to apologize for not posting in a long time. I’m going through exam period but I’ll be done in a matter of 8 days! I promise to start posting regularly again once that’s over.

Happy weight loss folks! Hope all is well. I’ll answer all my messages when I get back.

Sorry, blog! Okay, here’s what happened:

          I was doing really well for about a week (right after I got home from school). After that, I basically just got lazy. The weather was terrible for two weeeks, and all I wanted to do was stay inside and watch movies. Urgh.

          The good news is, that’s all over now! I turned 19 on Monday and realized that I wasn’t keeping the promise I made when I got to college: to work hard at being a better version of myself every year that I’m alive. So I gave myself a huge kick in the butt and I’m not looking back! I’ve been unsatisfied with my physical condition for too long to put it off ever again. I started barefoot running on Tuesday (June 2nd) and I’m totally in love. Finding a means of exercise that you really want to do every day is the key, I think.

          I’ve also been eating VERY well. I can’t believe it took me so long to figure out how easy it is. My mom jumped on the vegan wagon for the summer in honor of my birthday (yay!) so she’s been letting me do all of the grocery shopping. Replacing chips with hummus and crackers and high-sugar juices with green tea is really all it takes. I feel great and I am so proud of myself. :)

          When I got lazy, my weight went back up to 147. In five days, I went from 146.5 to 141.5! I ALWAYS get to 141 and then think my work is done because I’m seeing results in my face and stomach. NOT. THIS. TIME. I haven’t been in the 130s in THREE YEARS, and I intend to hit 139.5 by next week. I might cry when I see that number. It will mean that I’m finally taking a stand and doing what I’ve always wanted to do for myself. I can’t wait. :)

The next time you’re in line at Starbucks you may want to think about ordering tea instead of your usual coffee. With only 1/3 the amount of caffeine it may not be enough to perk up the avid coffee drinker but tea offers numerous health benefits that will keep you going in the long run.

Tea has been popular for thousands of years all over the world. It is the second most consumed beverage behind water. Teas such as black, green, white, and oolong are made from the leaves of the evergreen tree camellia sinensis, which contains polyphenol antioxidants.

Antioxidants are important in a person’s diet, because they rid the body of molecules called free radicals, which are a byproduct of cellular activity, pollution, and the natural aging process.

Free radicals are destructive within the body, because they harm DNA molecules and pave the way for illness and disease. High amounts of antioxidants can be found in fruits and vegetables and other plant based foods such as the dried leaves used to make brewed tea. 

One of the most studied teas for its amazing health benefits is green tea. Green tea is rich in catechin polyphenols, such as epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG). EGCG is an antioxidant with cancer fighting powers.

Studies have shown it can aid in protection against various forms of cancer including esophageal, gastric, skin, ovarian, lung, and colon cancer. Studies have also shown that drinking 2-3 cups per day can lower blood pressure, cholesterol, and decrease the risk of heart attack.

Not only does green tea contain immune boosting antioxidants, but it can also protect your teeth. Tea has bacteria killing properties to fight plaque, gum disease, and bad breath. Tea contains fluoride, which can protect against cavities.

Green tea has gotten a couple of knocks for it’s fluoride content, despite the positive attributes, since too much fluoride can be bad for you. It is recommended that a person receive no more than 10/mg of fluoride per day. Loose leaf green tea only contains about 0.3 mg of fluoride, so unless you’re drinking about 30 cups per day, don’t worry.

Studies suggest that the polyphenols in green tea can help reduce and prevent rheumatoid arthritis. One study found that regular tea drinkers reported to have stronger bones and were less likely to develop arthritis. Those who drank tea regularly for 10 years or more had higher bone mineral density in their spines than non-tea drinkers.

Green tea is currently gaining more popularity due to studies that suggest it aids in weight loss. The combination of EGCG and caffeine in green tea work together to stimulate thermogenesis, heat production in the body. It increases fat oxidation and increases energy expenditure.

Although EGCG is capable of giving metabolism a boost, drinking a cup or two of green tea is not a weight loss remedy. A Japanese study shows that 5 cups of green tea per day only burns about 70 calories through thermogenesis. Drink your tea for all the health benefits, but keep in mind that you must always exercise and eat a well balanced diet for weight management.

There are tons of teas to choose from, but high quality loose leaf teas are the best. Brew your tea for 3-5 minutes to bring out the antioxidants. Add honey, milk, lemon or sugar to sweeten. Relax, sip, and enjoy. It’s not milk, but this beverage does a body good.