Popular Post

Lucky Magazine July 2011: Lauren Conrad



Lucky's July cover girl and MTV alum Lauren Conrad is not your average reality star. Despite the fame and financial success brought by her hit show, The Hills, Conrad stepped away from the cameras in 2009 to pursue a career she was really passionate about: designing.


The latest additions to Conrad's resume are decidedly more behind-the-scenes than her media-frenzied beginnings--a line of affordable clothing with mass retailer Kohl's, two best-selling novels based on her experiences and, most recently, Paper Crown--a self-funded collection of soft, flowy pieces set to launch in July. From LC's fashion obsessions to her favorite hairstyles of all time, we've got the scoop on, well, pretty much everything you've ever wanted to know about the star. 


Lauren Conrad pairs a Paper Crown blazer, tank, and leather shorts with Christian Louboutin shoes on the cover of Lucky magazine’s July 2011 issue, on newsstands Friday (June 10).




Here’s what the 25-year-old fashionista had to share with the mag:


On launching her new line, Paper Crown, without the help of MTV: “It’s easier to launch the line without MTV. A lot of people in fashion don’t want to be linked with anything that has to do with reality TV. Showrooms were turning us down.”


On why MTV deemed her show too “highbrow”: “It didn’t feel like a perfect fit. It’s difficult to compete with all the Jersey Shore-type shows out there. Besides, there weren’t any scenes of me getting drunk or fighting, so what’s the point?”


On why she hates the gym: “I’m just not a fan of the gym. In fact, I hate it. I understand loving the feeling you get after working out - all those endorphins. But going there? It’s the worst.”



On how her eating habits have changed: “I’m now focusing a lot more on my health. I no longer eat pork, I rarely eat beef, and I don’t like chicken now because my mother keeps four hens as pets. I’m not kidding.”


-Credits at JustJared & Lucky Magazine