Popular Post

Anne Hathaway: 'I knew I would disappoint in One Day'

Anne Hathaway has confessed that she knew her One Day performance would "disappoint" fans.

The Dark Knight Rises actress, who plays Yorkshire-born student Emma in the film adaptation of David Nicholls's novel, discovered after joining the project that her interpretation of the "deeply-loved" character would not please everyone.

"I didn't realise how deeply loved the character was when I signed on to play Emma," she told Bang Showbiz. "I wish I didn't really know!

"It became even larger when people kept asking me, 'So you're playing Emma? Will you be doing this with the character? Will you be doing that?' I'm like, 'Oh my gosh, people know every word of this book!'

"I quickly realised I was going to disappoint a lot of people. People have their own idea about who these characters are and how they act and how they sound."

Hathaway went on to reveal that she came close to breaking down over the "pressure" of her One Day role, but strived to "enjoy" the movie-making experience regardless.

"It got to me," she admitted. "There were days when I would liken it to walking between two dams with criticism on either side and you just hope, 'Please don't crumble today, I really can't take it'. There are a lot of things to enjoy. I tried not to let it get to me."

Hathaway previously said that she could relate to the insecurities of her One Day character.(Digital spy)