Popular Post

Hefner Talks About Not Marrying Crystal Harris

Given the situation, I'd say that Hugh Hefner is handling his split from Crystal Harris with grace -- and a little humor.

"Holly (Madison) suggested that I missed a bullet, and I think it's probably true," Hef told Entertainment Tonight  "Quite frankly, I don't know what I was thinking about. I think my natural state is single. I've tried marriage twice, not successfully. These were not the happiest times of my life."

Even so, Hefner, 85, was blindsided by Harris, 25, calling off their wedding.

"Birthday cards were filled with messages of forever," he said. "'You're the man of my dreams, I'll love you for the rest of my life.' There was no clue [she wanted to split] … I didn't see any of this coming."

"If you're having reservations about the person you've been with for two-and-a-half years, the logical thing is to sit down and talk about it," Hefner continues.

Her out of the blue decision even has Hef thinking that there may have been another man was in her life -- as the tabloids had been saying.

"I think in retrospect, there's something more to this than we all know that will come to light in time," he said. "If Dr. Phil's son is involved, that's certainly only part of the picture."