Popular Post

Junk I Love

I did a similar post awhile back and since then, I have acquired alot more 'junk' that I really like and use ever so often.
(A REALLY long post coming your way, bear with me! I promise its interesting!!)




The first two products that I am religiously using are the Garnier Skin Naturals Anti Dark Circle Eye Roll On & The L`oreal Smooth Intense Serum



Now you may be wondering what is so great about THIS Garnier Roll on? Or isnt this the same one as the coffee bean one? Well to answer the second question, no its not like the coffee bean one. That one was a clear gel which did absolutely NOTHING to the dark circles. I recently gave it a second chance and it did nothing-Yet again!

I actually think it made matters worse and made my under eye area darker.
One thing it surely did was, wake me up instantly. It was like having a shot of espresso. But through my eyes-if that makes sense. So its like red bull for your eyes during exams. But did nothing otherwise!


Garnier Eye Roll On

This one (the anti darkness one) on the other hand is tinted and is absolutely brilliant. It gives great coverage. Its quite light and blends well.



As you will see in the picture of its box below, it says it contains caffeine and pure lemon essence much like its failed brother, but the plus point is that it is tinted rather than just a clear sticky gel. Whether in the long run it actually reduces dark circles, is honestly not my concern (as long as it doesn't prove to be counter productive like Mr. Fail above) What I am concerned is covering up my under eye area and this does a brilliant job of it.

They have two shades in this-Light & Medium.
The one I have is LIGHT


Left-Swatch | Right-Blended



The one problem i have with this is with its application. Yes Garnier launched a very cool looking product, which is like a pen and you can roll it on under your eye. But the thing is, that at times the product stops coming out. The reason is well Gravity. Since you are holding the stick at 90 degrees to your eyes after some time the rolling ball will stop catching the product, and u have to try to rub it against your finger to get it out.

But when gravity is not playing spoilsport and I manage to get the product out as it was meant to be, I blend it out with my ring finger.

I got this from NewU and I am pretty sure its for Rs 250  Rs 199 (thanks for correcting me!)




Next up is The L`oreal Smooth Intense Serum


This is my THIRD bottle btw.
Yeah
So i can just say"this is my third bottle" and you`d probably understand its great.
But anyway, I shall dive into a detailed ramble about its greatness-you know for YOUR benefit!

It has Argan Oil


 "Argan oil is an oil produced from the kernels of the argan tree, unique to Morocco, that is valued for its nutritive, cosmetic and numerous medicinal properties."
WIKI IT!!

Just by reading that I think this is our answer/dupe to Moroccan oil. Okay i am pretty sure Moroccan oil is like a bajillion times better. But its not available here okay-so watcha gonna do?

I apply this after I have washed my hair and its NEARLY dry. It is an oil based product, but my hair just drinks it UP and it does not make your hair oily AT ALL. It makes it quite soft and removes the frizz to quite some extent. On days when I forget to put this, my hair feels just WRONG and DRY!

 It claims to give 48 hours of manageable hair.  But by the second day my hair is quite oily on its own so I am more concerned with the day I wash my hair. And I LOVE how this serum makes my hair feel after the application!
Pretty much available everywhere, its for Rs.350 (I think)




The next two things I recently ordered from Urban Touch ( THANKS MEHAK!) and I have fallen in LOVE with them!


John Frieda Brilliant Brunette Conditioner
I have been using the Brilliant Brunette shampoo for about four years now but never managed to get my hands on its conditioner. I saw it on Urban Touch the other day and snapped it up immediately.
I absolutely LOVE this range.


John Frieda has different shampoo-conditioners for all types of hair colour.
What they basically do is enrich the colour of your hair, whether its natural or coloured.

It says "with light enhancers, brilliant brunette creates a flawless surface for light reflection. The result is brunette hair that looks rich in depth with a spectrum of tones and multidimensional shine"
Rs 420


John Frieda
Frizz-Ease

100%Shine
Glossing Mist




John Frieda has excellent hair care products.
I apply this once my hair is completely dry. It does look a little oily initially but as it is absorbed, the oiliness goes away and leaves a brilliant shine.
Also the best thing about it is that it tames the frizz completely and THAT is the main reason for my unconditional love for this product!
Rs 420

[I promise I am not turning into a beauty blogger-fashion related posts will resume soon!]

In other news, I got TWO blog awards! :)


From Gauri @ Gloss&Magic
Thank you SO MUCH :)

So the blog award demands that I tell you 7 Random things about myself. I have done this before so I am going to try and tell u 7 other things.
  • I cannot follow the appropriate colours for different seasons. For example, there are colours for fall which are dull or muted and spring-summer have bright,in-your-face colours. I dont get the concept of this. If its dull and soggy outside (like in the winters) why would you want to DRESS that way? I would rather dress like a rainbow to brighten things up!
  • I LOVE Shah Rukh Khan. Its true. I think he`s got an amazing personality. I also wish he`d adopt me. I am not HOT for him-he`s way too old for that. I just wish he was related to me. Heh. Moving on
  • I have over 600 Archie comics I havnt touched them for about seven years. But I have them and NEVER want to part with them. Some of them are really old, bordering on VINTAGE. I bet if I actually kept track of how many of my friends borrowed and never returned them I would have a collection of a thousand!
  • I absolutely DETEST Twilight. Yes I have read the books therefore I have enough knowledge to hate them. And I cannot STAND Kristen Stewart. Ugh she is SO awkward and socially inept. I mean ok, its somewhat amusing till a certain point but she like'uh...eh...' ALL.THE.TIME.
    She has ONE expression!
    Wonder what kind of weird Snow White she`ll make.

  • I hate mangoes,yeah I am a weird Indian
  • I don`t eat mammals. So I think that makes me a mammal-tarian? I dunno.

  • I want to be a dog whisperer. Or work with animals at some point in my life

This award also has some questions for me!

  • Name your favorite color: BLUE!
  • Name your favorite song: That has GOT to be the worst question.I cant say ONE song.Ugh. Songs from the Social Network & Harry Potter!
  • Name your favorite dessert: ANY dessert is my favourite! I do like the double choc chip cookies from subway & banoffee pie from Big Chill.Oh and any New York Cheesecake
  • What is pissing you off? Another month and a half for my shows to start! New seasons premiere September!
  • When you're upset, you? Get angry!
  • Your favorite pet: Okay, the favourite song question wasn't the worst THIS one definitely is! ALL ANIMALS!!!
  • Black or White? Black
  • Your biggest fear? A Riot or an Earthquake!
  • My best feature is: My Height! But its a double edged sword
  • Everyday Attitude: Lets do something fun!
  • What is perfection? I don`t know! What Aamir Khan probably wants!? 
  • Guilty pleasure: Absolutely shitty reality shows


So the second award comes from Hungover On FashionThank you SO much!!



Okay so I am going to give both these awards to: