Popular Post

I`d Totally Wear That..!

Extremely late post..ANWYAY..these are some of my picks from the Couture Week, That I Would TOTALLY wear. (Well they have to first GIVE them to me, but that just a small problem)


Although some dictionary in India translates COUTURE to BRIDAL , and there is CLEARLY a bridal overdose in this post-however there are some nice gowns which are quite refreshing.


There is also a ANARKALI overdose-poor Aishwariya is pregnant otherwise I bet she wouldn't have missed ANARKALI week in Delhi for anything else, As she is the unofficial brand ambassador for ANARKALIS.
Although instead of pairing  Anarkalis with the typical churidar-they were worn over Palazzo Pants and also voluminous lehengas.


PERFUME 
                                                                    Shantanu&Nikhil





I know its pretty early in the post BUT this has got to be my FAVOURITE piece from the entire week. Its not AT ALL bridal and I love how the fabric falls. Also in love with the back!



Love the dark colour for a Shaadi. Very different from the usual stuff you might see at weddings.
With the dull bronze work, its very muted but also elaborate.



Although a strange colour combination for a lehenga-Grey and Pink, it looks great.


Gaurav Gupta



I wouldn't wear that but I am sure Lady Gaga would love it :)

SHANTI
Rohit Bal



NEED this Sari and absolutely LOVE the blouse!

Manish Malhotra

 Inspired by the old world charm and majestic opulence of royalty that existed in India from 1920 to 1940 



KOTWARA
Meera&Muzaffar Ali


LOVE the palazzos



KAMASUTRA
Suneet Verma

 "Fashion is the politest way of talking about sex."

 If I ever wear that, I`d always be twirling it around like Sapna Kumar here. Like always. Just randomly standing and talking to people? Twirl.Twirl Twirl



Big fan of using the not so typical bridal colours (red,red and MORE red) in lehengas etc


Varun Bahl

A collection inspired by Indian as well as the Royalty of France, more specifically-Marie Antoinette


I love these two Saris, they're so quirky and fun specially the blue one!

TASVEER
J.J Valaya





The broken mirror effect on these are so incredibly cool




Okay, another favourite of mine. Love the print

Mehak did some (like twenty!) amazing posts on couture week with detailed face charts.
and Style Feista talks about the lack of inspiration and bridal overdose.

Which were the pieces you absolutely LOVED?

I use "love" alot. Hmm. Need to find a better word to show my appreciation.