Popular Post

Get Over it-Dress Over It







Skirt-Van Huesen [Bought in the summer of 08!]

Lace Top-Forever New



Pearl Bracelet-Forever 21


Ring - Forever 21




I know so many girls in this city, who are not able to dress according what their style really is, because, well the mentality of men in this city is messed up. I am not even going to begin to explain what all they do. They dont even NEED to DO anything. Their creepy stares are quite enough.

I would SO love to wear nice summer skirts and dresses in this scorching heat. But, I dont. I know that ALL girls would be so much happier in expressing themselves through the clothes they REALLY want to wear, if this creep factor wasn't so high in Delhi.

Its perfectly fine to look at a person an appreciate them. Girls do it all the TIME. But there is a subtly to it you see. These creepy men need to STOP raping us with their eyes. I wish all men who did this were shot in the head. If you do it subtly, it wont make the other person uncomfortable.
Anyway, it`s not like the people who do it-stare and be FULL ON letchy will ever READ, let alone read a blog or THIS blog.

No I did not have a horrible experience recently, I am just annoyed at how the way I want to dress is so restricted, by these uneducated creatures.

Of course Delhi is very unsafe for women, and it obviously goes beyond clothes. This is made very clear every other day in the damn newspapers and it was made abundantly clear when Radhika Tanwar was shot dead near her college on Womens Day this year.

My mother makes a good point- When there is a mad dog or any other uncontrollable animal is on the loose, who poses a threat and can do harm to others, we make sure something is done about the ANIMAL,we restrict IT, rather than locking ourselves in our house

Girls from the beginning are told how NOT to dress, how NOT to behave. But are BOYS on the other hand ever told HOW to behave with women, HOW to respect them and what NOT to do in regard to them?

Obviously this is also about the class differences of our society, education and dogmatic mindsets.

Anyway. All I am saying is that  there is a very very long way to go before we can actually reach the level of comfort as maybe people of say, NEW YORK  feel, but maybe we can get what the people living in Bombay have? 

Or Maybe I'am just being a prude and I should GET OVER IT

I was talking to someone about this, before writing the post and she said-"Dress is the first announcement of democratic thought"

Which is quite true. I just want to express my democratic dressing right!!

Oh, and by the way I acessorized the above outfit with a matching dog :)
(not my dog)


Sorry for this "issues of society" post (told you this one would be a socially relevant one) but
I would really like to know what you guys feel about this. Even if you dont live in Delhi, because I am not sure whether what I feel is right or I am just being over conscious.