Popular Post

Filmfare Red Carpet



Sameera Reddy

My first reaction as I saw this picture and this dress was WHOA. What Was She Thinking.
At one point of time Sameera Reddy used to be hot. Yeah well not anymore.
Shoudn`t someone who is um.. rather busty KNOW how NOT to accentuate that part of their body as if it were under a magnifying glass?


 Vikramaditya Motwane (Udaan director) with wife.

I really like her sari!


The SINHA khandan

Bad picture and bad picture quality but I`am liking the different and fresh colour of her dress.
But design wise, atleast what This picture is showing, it`s the same old flowy thing.


Raveena Tandon

Another red carpet another anarkali.
NEXT!

Kajol

Omg. Save me.
Next!!

Preity Zinta

Had she not worn a red sari only recently?
Okay. This isn`t a sari, its a lehnga and she`s wearing the chunni in such a way that it LOOKS like a sari but STILL it`s kinda blah.

Rekha
She wore her hair in a different way! I dunno if I like it, but it is a break from her one shoulder hair.
 I really like it though when she puts it up in a bun with some Gajra.
Btw, how has she NOT been on Koffee with Karan Yet.



Speaking of Koffee With Karan


Malaika and Arbaaz

Don`t get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE Malaika, but she`s of course a woman who likes good clothes and likes getting her picture taken. Well then these kind of people should be aware of what will happen to their dress (and the slip they are wearing underneath) once the FLASH hits it.
I mean come on, how can you NOT look at her slip. The first thing that grabbed my attention was that!



Dia Mirza

I think its a sari. But it Looks like a gown.Nevertheless, I like the lace detailing.



Vidya Balan

Its true she won`t leave her Sabya behind, but it is looking good and doesn`t she look much more slim and toned?




  Bonney Kapoor and Sridevi

I like the dress and I like the colour. Its very age appropriate, without going all Parmeshwar Godrej on us.





Katrina Kaif

I don`t even Know what to say about this one. Is she getting married? How stuffed is the top of this dress/anarkali? What IS that?

I mean its at times like these that I KNOW that this industry cannot compare to the classiness of hollywood. And I know by saying this I am going to attract alot of comments saying why do we NEED to be compared to Hollywood. To that my reply would be, well if we are inspired enough from their ways of award functions and red carpets then surely a comparison can take place. I don`t think anyone needs to be told that obviously the red carpet and the million award functions that we have, are infact influences of the west and were not an innate part of India or Bollywood.

Another objection could be, so what? We give all these things our own Indian twist. Well if this so called Indian Twist means tardiness, tackiness and a lack of elegance, then I don`t know if those are 'virtues' worth having.




Sarah Jane Dias

Doesn`t she sometimes remind you of Lisa Hayden
Anyway, I am liking the colour blocking in this sari. But maybe some earrings would`ve been nice?



Sr. Bachan & Jr. Mrs Bachchan

Filmfare tweeted this picture as "the czarina of bollywood"
What am I supposed to write about a white sari with some beady-silvery work on it?
I dunno, is she going to stand under a waterfall after this?


 Photo credits:http://twitter.com/#!/filmfare They were apparently doing a live feed from the red carpet. Funnily enough they didn`t post any pictures of the more prominent actors and actresses like Priyanka,Kareena,Deepika etc. I want to see what they wore! 



If you don`t mind, I am going to continue my rant that I started below Katrina. (If you don`t really care for it, feel free to skip it)

Have u ever wondered why The Ocars, Emmys, Golden Globes, SAGs are always have their telecast Live (and another one the same day at primetime i.e our time), and why our award shows are telecasted 5-6days later?


Isn`t it more exciting watching the Oscars etc without knowing who is going to win rather than watching the filmfares knowing full well because you do read the newspaper (coincidently the newspaper who owns filmfare)
I assume this is so because our award shows have more glitches and are more chaotic thus cannot be shown live. They also want to create a build up. I am also assuming that the 5-6 days are needed for MEGA editing.

I have to admit that all of this doesn`t stop me from watching our awards and yes we do also want to catch the performances. But I would like the anticipation rather than already knowing who gets best actor etc.

Do you agree with me? Or absolutely not?