Popular Post

Stephanie Pratt: ‘It’s Been Fun To Play Dumb’

Tonight, ‘The Hills‘ limps to its series finale, a shadow of its former self. The show’s protagonist Lauren Conrad bolted a year ago. The villains Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt disappeared midway through this season after his angry mysticism and the lawsuit they filed against one of the show’s producers rendered them personas non grata. One surprising bright spot of the last few season was Stephanie Pratt, who, after getting arrested for a DUI, transformed herself from Spencer’s hard partying little sister to the show’s comic relief.

Pre-Finale Anxiety
“I’m really nervous about the episode because usually we get them on Mondays so we get to see them before. It’s not like we get to say ‘Change that.’ It’s just nice to know what’s happening.”

Who Showed Up At The Wrap Party… And Who Didn't
“We had our wrap party Saturday. It was at the Thompson Hotel. It was very secretive. It was up at the pool. The whole time they had big screens playing a photo montage of all the photos that different crew members have been taking for the past six seasons. It was very emotional. We definitely cried. Lauren was Lo’s date. Whitney came…Heidi and Spencer did not .”

The Impact of L.C.’s Departure On ‘The Hills‘
“It’s definitely not why it’s ending, but it did hurt The Hills. It’s her show. I was fortunate that it kept going after she left, but ‘The Hills’ really is Lauren.”

Stephanie Cops To Deliberately Playing Dumb
Viewers called Stephanie a moron on a regular basis. It turns out that she was pulling a Marilyn Monroe and playing the ditzy blonde on purpose. “We were at Lo’s boyfriend’s Scott’s house filming this lacrosse scene that I don’t think [airs]. There’s all these friends that are there. They’re sitting next to us while we’re filming a scene. I’m asking all these stupid questions about lacrosse. ‘Is it like football?’ I see this girl looking at this guy to say, ‘Are you listening to this girl?’ I looked over like, ‘I’m just pretending to be dumb. I know all about lacrosse.’ I think it’s been really fun to play dumb.”

The last season, I could not get through scenes. We were just laughing hysterically. Kristen and I, we’d go off on tangents. We’d have to not look at each other then take ten deep breaths and then try to film a scene.

Stephanie Still Claims ‘The Hills’ Was Not Fake 
“Nothing was really set up in advance. It was all pretty real, like, this is kind of like what’s going on. There’s nothing except for the drug rumors in the first couple episodes. Those were the only things that were kind of put on the show, just because it was all over the tabloids and I got blamed for the rumors. That was the only thing that I was like, ‘This sucks.’”

Are Stephanie And Josh still together?
“I’m still seeing him. We actually met through friends. He ended up knowing Brody and Taylor.” In other words, they’re really dating. But the scenes we saw of them meeting were staged.

Stephanie Is Not Really Obsessed With Her Spray Tan
“I just want to clear this up. In every episode it’s become a joke between the crew and cast and I about my spray tan. So on purpose in every episode I try to make a comment about spray tans. I just want to let everyone know I’m not that into them. Every single episode I’ll be like, ‘I’m going to buy this purse because it goes with my spray tan.’ I watch it and it’s such a great inside joke and now I’ve started thinking, ‘People must think I’m crazy.’”

Credit: Fancast