Popular Post

Is Sweet Little Lies All About Lauren's Sarcasm?

Lauren Conrad knows a thing or two about selling books. Her first novel, L.A. Candy, became an international bestseller, and now she's hoping for a repeat with her follow-up, Sweet Little Lies. So what's her secret to success? Great marketing and, of course, the decision to write about what she knows.

"I got to have fun with it," Lauren revealed yesterday at a book signing in Miami (CLICK HERE FOR PICTURES). "[A]nd, in a way, tell a similar story as far as things you go through ... without spilling [all my] secrets." But that doesn't mean she's keeping Candy fans completely in the dark.

"Jane is the main character and most like me," Lauren admitted. "But also when I was more sarcastic and against the The Hills, I was able to illustrate that through Scarlett, her best friend."