Popular Post

Whitney Port Talks “The City” Season 2 Finale

Getting prettied up with a stop at the salon, Whitney Port was spotted out in New York City on Tuesday afternoon (December 1).

Just ahead of tonight’s second season finale of “The City,” the 24-year-old MTV reality star strolled along past paparazzi on her way back home following a the day’s beauty session.

Talking about getting the opportunity to show off her very own line at Bergdorf Goodman in tonight’s finale, which airs at 10PM on MTV, Miss Port recently told the LA Times, “It was very scary for me, because there aren’t a lot of designers who show their first collection to Bergdorf. I obviously was really, really nervous and didn’t know if I was prepared. I had faith in my line, but I wasn’t even sure the line was ready to show to them. I didn’t have my hopes set at a very high level, because of that. Basically they gave me a lot of constructive criticism. They thought my Los Angeles aesthetic shined through the line a little too much. It was a learning experience for me. It’s just difficult because it’s all being shown on-camera. I’m getting judgments and opinions by more people than the norm.”

Later asked if she continues to set boundaries to keep her personal life private, as she did on “The Hills,” Whitney revealed, “Basically, I decided I was going to take it day by day. I knew that if I decided to do “The City” that they were going to ask more of me than just going to work. I knew that if the show was going to be successful in this reality/soap opera arena, I was going to have to show a little bit more.”

Miss Port continues, “What happened with me, which really opened up my comfort zone, was meeting Jay [Lyon] when I first went to New York. We were actually filming for “The Hills.” I instantly felt so comfortable and confident with him. He was actually willing to do the show and that just made it OK to do it for some reason. He just made it seem so carefree.”