Popular Post

'The Hills' Fans React To Series Finale

The final half-hour of "The Hills" saga wasn't brimming with the over-the-top drama fans had come to expect from the series. But a shocking twist at the end of the finale left many viewers with lingering questions.

After the final pained goodbye between Brody and Kristin, the "Hills" diva didn't ride off into the sunset as expected. Instead, a fake backdrop emblazoned with the "Hollywood" sign was rolled away and cameras pulled back to reveal a movie lot. While some "Hills" followers liked the twist, others weren't so impressed.

"It was creative," Reyna commented on MTVNews.com. "I think it kept people talking."

LawGirl83 agreed, writing, "I knew it! That final [scene] was spectacular."

However, many fans were simply puzzled. Noelle Ciemny wrote on Facebook, "I was so confused," adding, "I wish brody and kristen would be together theyre [adorable] together."

Kianna Green wondered, "Was it all fake?" while Joey Jakira Blum wrote, "I just dont understand why or what the point of the ending was."

Others, like Maya Willis, were conflicted about the show's final moments. "I was taken aback by the end scene, but honestly, how could you not know the show had its scripted and staged moments?" she wrote on Facebook, adding, "I do believe that there were some real emotions shown throughout the show and real arguments." Some strongly criticized the ambiguity of the ending. "[I] thought they should have answered the question straight up. The fans deserve to know!!" Nikah2o posted on our website. 

Still, for many fans, the way the show wrapped up wasn't as important as the fact that "The Hills" is gone for good. An anonymous poster on The Hills Gossip Online blog wrote, "I'm going to miss the hills!"

Credit: MTV